The product networks provide a platform for networking and experience sharing across countries and sub-regions. Producers from the same sector can relate to each others’ challenges and share best practices. Currently Fairtrade Africa has product networks for coffee, cocoa and tea. Networks for cotton, sugar cane and gold are also currently being set up.
Aims of product networks
- To facilitate and improve the participation of African producers in the development of Fairtrade product strategy and standards issues
- To promote shared learning amongst producers of a given product in Africa by sharing ideas and experiences
- To explore and develop intra-African supply chains to increase market access for producers
- To raise awareness about Fairtrade as an alternative to conventional trade
- To forge partnerships and linkages with relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions for producer support
Check with your Regional Coordinator for more information on the product networks.